Monday, October 24, 2011

Ups and Downs

Ah, it's been a month of ups and downs.  Mostly ups, so I'm trying to focus on those.  I've been working on keeping a positive attitude, and I think I've done pretty well.  Today is hard though.  I slacked off last week and gained some weight back :(  But I'm trying not to let that get me down.  Just stay focused on the fact I have been loosing.

Last weekend was a crazy whirlwind.  Long story short - we bought a motorcycle!  Hubby has always wanted one, and we've talked about saving up for someday.  But he stumbled across a deal that was just too good to pass up.  So money will be a little tight for a few weeks.  But it's worth it.  He is so excited!  And I am so happy he was able to realize a lifelong dream!

I have stayed mostly on top of school work.  There have been a few days we didn't get all our assignments done.  Even one day we just skipped.  But I make sure to get caught up by the end of the week.  I am excited that my Little Man is starting to read pretty well, but it kinda makes me sad too.  Because I realize how much more attention and hard work I am giving him and this stage of his schooling than I gave my Angel.  Live and learn I suppose.  And I am glad I am getting better at this.  But I still feel really bad that I didn't do so well with my Angel.  Like I'm letting him down.  He is starting to do much better though.  Hopefully I'll get him caught up soon.

After two weeks of living in a dump, I am finally getting caught up on housework again too.  After 12 solid hours (over two days) of folding and hanging, the laundry is caught up!  I cleaned out and organized all the boys drawers, their closet, and my closet.  I think I'll work on my drawers this week.  Fall Cleaning always makes me feel better.

I love Fall so much!  It is definitely my favorite time of year.  The weather is beautiful, and there are so many chances to get together with family!  Someday I'll have a home more conducive to entertaining and I can keep it filled with guests.  Still not sure if that will mean major remodeling or moving.  But we are making a lot of progress in fixing up this home.  My back room is almost finished.  All that is lacking is trim.  And I just went ahead and moved furniture in this week.  And as soon as I finished unloading/moving/reloading my old worn out bookcases, my m-i-l told me about some nicer, matching bookcases I could go pick up!  So I get to do it all over again.  But it will look even better :)

Oh, and my workouts.  I get to start walking with a precious friend this week.  She's recovering from surgery and has to "take it easy" for 4-6 weeks.  So we are going to walk 5 miles 3-4 times a week!  I have a feeling it won't be as "easy" for me.  But she is much farther along this journey of life-change and I am super excited to learn from her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment