Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's a Journey

This was a timely piece of advice I found this week on Pinterest. Just the day after having a discussion with my beloved friend about how unfair it is to watch so-and-so do so little, but lose weight quickly. Or so-and-so can work hard for a few weeks and drop a ton of weight. But, it's not a competition. It's a journey. I am on a journey to FEEL better.

Today, I felt really good.  I didn't start out feeling really good though.  I didn't really want to get up early.  But I knew last night I wouldn't.  So I made sure my work out buddy was coming!  I am so thankful to have a work out buddy.  When I got home, I couldn't resist getting on the scale.  It's still moving, albeit painfully slowly, but moving downward.  That made me feel so good I decided to try on one of the dresses I haven't been able to wear in a while.  And it fit!  That made me feel way better, because it shows way more progress.  I wore the dress out to lunch with my Mom, Meme, and sisters to celebrate out summer birthdays.  And surprise, Mom decided we needed pedicures too!  Fabulous day.  One more step in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment