Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to me :)

So, today is my birthday. My 30th birthday. Is this it? Is this when the switch flips? Am I officially a grown up now? Will I magically know all the stuff I think I'm supposed to know? Will I magically do all the things I think I'm supposed to do? Hmmm...

I'm waiting...

Still waiting...

You know, I'm beginning to think there might not be a switch. I might have to suck it up and work hard to be a grown up. Keep learning the things I think I'm supposed to know. Actually do the things I think I'm supposed to do.

I'm actually enjoying this birthday quite a bit. It's a big number, so I got a big weekend with Hubby. We went down to Texas Hill Country near Austin and stayed in a fabulous B&B, Mt Gainor Inn. It was a perfect location, perfect setting, perfect room, just absolutely perfect. The innkeepers were so nice, and breakfast was delicious! We only got lost twice on the way there, and anybody who has ever traveled with me will know that is really good! The first night we just grabbed take out Chinese and passed out early. We had both had a hard week. Saturday we ventured down to Wimberly to the Wimberly Glass Works. We got to see the artists at work, and it was amazing! Then we shopped for a while in the quaint little downtown. We also stopped at a local winery for a tasting and picked out a bottle to bring home. By then I was tired (I'm not big on being out running around) so we headed back to our cottage and had a very relaxing bubble bath. Dinner was at a very nice local cafe and then we spent about an hour lounging and talking in the hammocks at the inn. I literally cried because it was all so perfect. Sunday we managed to make it all the way home without getting lost at all. Although we did get stuck behind a huge slow rv and a funeral procession!

This week has been back to the grind, and I feel like I'm slowly getting better at taking care of things. As I type there are currently NO dishes in my sink! School is going well, I've been cooking, and cleaning. I'm becoming a regular housewife. It feels so good.

I think I'm going to like being grown up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment