Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eh...

Ugh, I have been feeling so depressed. It's like an ugly cycle. I get up, I try to work out, I aggravate the injury, push through to make Hubby breakfast, sit on the couch with an ice pack on my belly for a while, back starts hurting so I try to get up and take care of the house, belly hurts so I sit for a while with the ice pack, back hurts so I try to get up and take care of the house, go to bed, start again.

One bright side has been I'm having to let my boys become more responsible and do things for themselves. So I guess that's good.

Yesterday was two years since Pa passed away. It was Wednesday so we went to lunch with Ma. It was heartbreaking watching her keep asking, "Where's your Pa?" And then the tears come when we have to tell her. I wish we could just pretend and tell her he's at home and we'll see him later. But she has that angry/stubborn streak in her. She'll only wait so long before she starts storming off and she'll walk back to the old house looking for him if you don't restrain her. As hard as it is, it's easier to just tell her and deal with the tears. Alzheimer's sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment