Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Respects

Well, it's Fall.  Sort of.  Fall in Texas means it's only in the 90's, and we finally got a smattering of rain.  We did have a few brief moments of cool.  And it got me thinking.  About Grandma actually.  That woman was obsessive about tending to her parents' and her husband's grave.  She traveled all the way down to Wortham, Texas at least 4 times a year to change the flowers.  To be sure they were seasonal.  So obsessive in fact that she had my Mother-in-Law take her down just weeks before she passed away.  And although she didn't have the strength to get out of the car, she made sure the flowers were summer.  So when I found myself with a day all to myself, which also happened to be the first full day of Fall, I knew what I had to do.  I went and found some flowers, and drove down to change them out.  I think she would like them.

I also changed out the flowers on her parent's grave, which is right beside this hers.

I took enough flowers to do her sister's grave also, but it looked like her family has been bringing flowers of their own.  And after consulting both my husband and Mother-in-Law decided to leave a small bouquet.

So relax Grandma, as long as I am able, I will make sure your flowers are always in season.  It's the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment