Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26, 2011

Ah, the newness of the blog is already wearing off. Missed two days in a row posting :( But then again if I try to share every single detail, it will soon become boring!

This week is turning out to be pretty stressful. Hubby was sick over the weekend, and once he got well one of the boys started with it. So I'm trying to juggle a sick child, homeschooling, preparing a meal at church, and changing my lifestyle.

I must admit, in the eating healthy category, I definitely caved yesterday. I took the boys to McDonald's and had a huge unhealthy burger. But we've been eating out a lot less, and I'm learning to make healthier choices when we do (most of the time). For instance, I went to Taco Bueno Saturday. Instead of the nacho salad I used to get (759 calories and 48 grams of fat!) I now choose the chicken tortilla soup (237 calories and 11 grams of fat).

I walked Monday and Wednesday mornings as planned. But Hubby is off early this week, and when we had an opportunity for a date Tuesday night I totally bailed on the yoga and weight training. A few weeks ago the combination of diet fail and exercise schedule bail would have knocked me totally off the wagon. But this is different. It's about becoming a better, healthier person. And that includes healthy relationships, which means I did not bail on a better me! So getting up this morning to walk was no problem :)

I have until Saturday night to meet my exercise goals, which is totally doable. I am learning that with 3 boys and a very disorganized husband, I just cannot schedule every minute. And that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment