Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer sure is crazy!

So much for relaxing while he's gone to VBX! My Little Man decided he wanted to go to, so I've only got one kiddo during the day. But for the first time in my life I am getting up early, fixing breakfast, getting three boys ready to go, seeing Hubby off to work, heading out myself to drop boys off, running errands and cleaning house all day, picking boys up, cooking dinner, and collapsing into bed!

To top it off, Hubby's grandmother has not been doing well, and last night hospice was called in. She is not expected to make it to the weekend. We went and saw her last night, and she looked really bad. She's been having problems since her heart attack two years ago with fluid building up in her body. Now she has pneumonia and is dehydrated, but they can't give her fluids or she will just drown. All we can do is pray the Lord will take her peacefully and quickly.

I've started a Zumba class with my Girls Ministry, and I might start one for the Ladies Ministry at church also. Being active feels good. Even being sore feels better than I do when I just sit around. And after eating out almost every day when I was working VBS, I realized my digestive system feels MUCH better when I eat healthy food at home!

An update on my newest niece, after a few days in NICU, and only 1 week total in the hospital she got to go home last night! I hate that I can't go see her until November, but I'll keep sending packages to her and her big sister in the mean time.

I wish once things settle down after the funeral I could take a week to relax. But I've got to work on improving the boys reading skills before the school year starts in September. And I've got to decide on curriculum.

And.... I'm planning a Girls Weekend with some friends to pamper myself for my birthday. A little self care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment