Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vainity?

I woke up this morning and realized it is almost July. Where did June go? It was a blur of VBS, hospital, funeral and family.

Grandma's funeral went very well. I was, however, reminded once again of the extra stress and difficulty a broken home continues to cause. But we made it through very nicely. One thing that surprised me at the viewing was how good Grandma looked. I usually try to avoid looking at the body, because it doesn't look like them. No offense to the people who work very hard to make the body look good, but death takes it's toll. But Grandma looked so good. It was the first time I have honestly expected the body to just, sit up and say, "Ha ha, I got you!" She looked like when she would fall asleep sitting in her chair reading a book. If you made a noise she would start with that little, "Oh!" Super kudos to the staff at Wade Family Funeral Home in Arlington. Grandma looked great, you were incredibly helpful, and you even stood out in that awful heat in your suits at the graveside!

I've been doing very good for the past 3 weeks, in spite of all the chaos, to get up and do my work out, AND get dressed (presentably) and ready for the day. I am rather proud of myself if I do say so. I went out and bought a new dress, and all new accessories to be sure I looked appropriate for the funeral. All this taking care of myself is starting to feel a little vain though. I've been a slob for so long, it feels weird. I suppose I'll have to get used to it. Overall, I really do feel good about myself. I may not be the skinniest, or the prettiest, or the most stylish. But trying feels good. Being active feels good. Keeping my home clean feels good. That's right, I have kept my home clean - CLEAN - for the past 3 weeks! I like this new me, I hope I can keep her around. Because I know I can learn to love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment